Monthly Archives: March 2010
There are a few opportunities coming up to hear us talk about progress on CHART Scarborough.
The first is something of a last minute arrangement – due to the keynote speaker having to pull out of Digital Scarborough due to family illness I’ve been asked if I might fill in. So at 4.30pm today you’re welcome to turn up to Westwood School of Arts (yorkshire Coast College – next to Tescos) where I’ll talk about the theory of cognitive mapping that’s guiding the design of our maps and an overview of what we’ve done so far. Plus I’ll have the latest version of the map itself (still being worked on) with me. I’m expected to fill about an hour, so you can come a judge if I know enough to do that!
If you can’t make that, I’m also talking about cognitive mapping at the Digital Scarborough Barcamp tomorrow. (Details & booking on the Digital Scarborough website – link above.)
Dorcas will be presenting progress so far to the Town Team on Tuesday evening. I’m hoping I might get along towards the end of that too when I finish at another event.
All three will provide opportunity to ask questions.
Terms and conditions for the CHART Scarborough text-in prize draw:
- This competition is promoted by CHART Scarborough, the ‘promoter’.
- The winner must text a response to the given mobile telephone number, together with their full name and contact telephone number and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prize. Standard network rates apply.
- No responsibility is accepted for ineligible or offensive entries or entries made fraudulently.
- Winners will be randomly selected by an independent body with no connection to the promotion
- One winner will be announced for the £20 HMV Voucher prize for participants responding to the questions printed on CHART Scarborough promotional material displayed in public places and 6 winners will be announce for the £10 HMV Voucher prizes responding to the individual questions printed in the Scarborough Evening. Only one entry per question is allowed.
- Entrants must be UK residents. Minimum age to enter is 18.
- Winners must be prepared to take part in post-competition publicity.
- The prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred.
- There will be no cash alternatives.
- The promoter’s decision is final in every situation including any not covered above and no correspondence will be entered into. The promoter reserves the right, in the event of circumstances arising outside of their control which in their opinion makes it necessary, to cancel the competition at any stage. Participants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition. This agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales.